Monday, September 9, 2013

First Week Success!!

Monkey's first week of grade 5 is done!  I can't believe it.  Where did the time go?  I must say she had an AMAZING first week!!  She loves her teachers this year (all 3 of them!) which makes me very heart happy indeed.  As far as D goes last week wasn't too bad.  She had a few lows but nothing drastic and with a couple tweaks I thought we were good to go.  I was expecting the lows just from the change in routine.  What I didn't expect was the 2.5 that snuck up on her today and knocked her for a loop.  A nasty no-good 2.5 that showed up right at the beginning of recess and that came AFTER a breakfast of Honey Nut Chex.  This cereal normally sends her sky high and the only reason she got to eat it on a school day was because the healthy fruit shake that I made her last night before bed decided to curdle in the fridge overnight rendering it un-consumable and left her in tears.  Sweet cereal to the rescue!!  Needless to say the fact that she didn't feel the 2.5 left me rather disconcerted.  This was followed up by a 3.3 after lunch this afternoon :(  Needless to say there were more changes made this evening.  Hopefully the rest of the week will bring up more success.  The other thing that has me crossing my fingers is dance.  Ballet started tonight and is just the first of her 4 weekly dance classes.  She is quite serious this year and has even decided that she will sit the Ballet exams at the end of the year!  Her new ballet teacher has never taught a T1D but was super receptive when I stopped in at the studio to give her a quick rundown of what to watch for.  I'm hoping she is as understanding the first time a low disrupts her class!  We have 2 more new dance teachers this year so hopefully they too will be understanding and receptive of information.

Hope everyone else's weeks were equally/more cooperative!!

Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment