Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Destination ME

Okay so I totally stole my title from Hallie but it works so I'm going with it!!  I have decided to join Hallie in her journey to take better care of herself.  I need to do this too for me, for my physical self as well as for my sanity!  In the last 12 years I have yo-yo'd up and down with both my weight and my fitness. I used to go to step classes twice a week. I used to dance ALOT!  I even took up running at one time and liked it so much that I completed a sprint triathlon.  I'm not entirely sure where I lost myself but I did. I miss the me that was more active. I miss the mental clarity that came with being more active & healthy.  It is hard working full time, running a house and all the things that mom's do. As soon as you throw D in there then things get messy and all of a sudden there is no more time to even contemplate taking care of one's self. Well no more!!!  From here on in I need to take some small steps to find a healthier me.  So starting this week I am going to do things for me. Just little things. This week I am going to follow with Hallie's suggestion for sleep!  Ah precious, beautiful, long forgotten sleep!  My goal for this week is to be in bed and asleep by 10:30 each night. We'll see how it goes but 10:30 should give me enough sleep even when I factor in night time checks.  I'll keep you posted.
Hallie, thank you so much for the inspiration!  You ROCK and we CAN do this :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love your attitude! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can do this!! Yes we can!! I'm so glad you're joining me!! Rock on sister!

    ReplyDelete